For the latest information, check out the Chili Cook-Off Facebook page!
Official Rules & Schedule for Participants:
12PM: Arrival and set-up
2PM: Official tasting begins
3PM: Winners are announced!
4PM: Participants must be present to break down / clean up at 4PM.
- All styles/types of chilis (vegan, vegetarian, beef, pork, etc.) are welcome, but will be judged in the same category
- Chili will be prepared off-site and then heated at Ponysaurus Brewing Co. and served to our panel of judges
- Contestants should prepare at least 2 quarts of chili for the panel of judges
- Additional chili may be prepared and provided to Ponysaurus guests on the day of the contest, and crowd participation/response may factor in to the final decision
- All contestants must provide a full list of ingredients
- All contestants must provide their own heating source (crock pot suggested) to warm and serve their entry. Ponysaurus Brewing Co. will provide ladles, sampling cups, tables, tablecloths and electricity to all entrants.
- Chili should be homemade and not store bought
- As goes without saying, poisoning the judges will result in disqualification.
One grand prize winner will be selected by our esteemed panel of judges:
Shawn Stokes of Luna Rotisserie
Billy Cotter of Dashi and Toast
Mike Hacker of Pie Pushers
And our very owen Isaac Martin, chef at Ponysaurus Brewing Co.
Grand Prize is a Gift Certificate for a Grill & Beer Package for Four!